Friday, July 22, 2011

He Never Lets Go

As I sat on the beach and watched Brian and the kids play in the waves, it suddenly hit me.  It was nothing new really.  I've read about it hundreds of times in the Bible.  Numerous circumstances in my own life have also been reminders.  Somehow this time it just really dug into my heart. 

 The waves were rough at times, but Brian never let go.  Sometimes their mighty strength even knocked Parker and Claire down, but he NEVER let go.  My children were free to enjoy the waves because they knew their Daddy would protect them.  When they were knocked off their feet, they clung even tighter to his strong hands.  Time after time, he stood them back up and encouraged them to keep jumping.   I was even reminded that he would sacrifice his own life to save them.  I knew he would if that's what they needed.
  

God is mightier than any waves of life that knock us down.  He is able and faithful to pick us up again and rescue us from danger.  He already did sacrifice His own life to save us.  Oh, to trust Him more and enjoy the freedom He promises.

I just needed that reminder.

He Never Lets Go.

"Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea, the Lord on high is mighty." Psalm 93:4

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. Really good one, Michele. We all need to be reminded of this sometimes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete