Monday, September 19, 2011

Not Quite An Extravaganza

I made a new recipe tonight.  My family (believe it or not) loves Hamburger Helper.  I actually don't mind it myself every once in a while, but Parker would list it in his top three dinner favorites.  I wish I were kidding.  Anyway, I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  I really thought the kids would enjoy it! In fact, Parker should have loved it since it's like a fancy smancy Hamburger Helper. 

The plans were all in place in my mind to rename it Hamburger Macaroni Extravaganza since Macaroni and Beef with Cheese sounds so boring.  Unfortunately, Parker and Claire really didn't like it at all.  Claire hardly likes anything these days, so no big surprise there.  I was shocked, SHOCKED, that Parker didn't just L.O.V.E. it.  He tolerated it, but would be more than happy if he never had to eat it again.  I think it was the tomato flavor that got him.  Brian and I both liked it, but I doubt I'll make it again since Hamburger Helper is easier and cheaper (even if it does have chemically enhanced cheese products which I'm sure can't be healthy).  For now, the name will also remain the boring original because I choose my "extravaganza" recipes carefully.  Here is the link:

http://ruhlman.com/2010/05/macaroni-and-beef-with-cheese-%e2%80%94-childhood-love/

It really is pretty good, and chances are your children would like it.  My little people are just quite picky.  I can't imagine who they get that from...

* I cut the recipe in half and just layered the noodle mixture with cheese and cooked it for about 20 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment